As prenatal care is now being managed at home by video-conference due to COVID-19, we are offering expectant mother's the opportunity to obtain a medical-grade Blood Pressure Monitor through insurance.
SourceMD is committed to supporting providers and patients as we face the challenges of navigating pregnancy during COVID-19. Prenatal care is essential to the health of mom and baby so we are providing pregnant mother's the opportunity to receive a medical-grade blood pressure monitor so you can better manage your care from home. This will help your provider care for you during your video-conference or telephone appointments. We will check your insurance benefits and also provide a price discount to patients for direct purchases. Please complete the below form below to get started.
How The Process Works:
1. We will verify your insurance, benefits, deductible, and coverage
2. You pay a $30 co-pay so we can ship your monitor in advance.
3. Once complete, we process your insurance. If the monitor is not covered, then the cost is just the $30.
How to Measure Your Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is recorded as a ratio of two numbers: systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure. Systolic blood pressure, which is the higher (or first) of the two numbers, measures the pressure in the arteries when the heart beats. Diastolic blood pressure, which is the lower (or second) of the two numbers, measures the pressure in the arteries between heartbeats or when the heart is resting. While taking your blood pressure, please remember to:
- Sit upright with back supported and arm at heart level
- No talking for at least five minutes before measurement
- Bare upper arm without restrictive clothing
- Feet should be flat, not dangling or crossed
Please remember to follow the directions of your device, record your results, and direct all questions to your healthcare provider.